As the year begins, we've decided to publish a new opening for Software Engineers who has finished their studies within the last two years.
We're looking forward to meet anyone who wants to know more about Nubank and is interested on developing their knowledge and skills regarding software development.
How does it work?
Our recruiting event will be held at our headquarters in São Paulo on Saturday, March 3rd. Before the event, we will review your application. After that, you will be asked to deliver a code-development exercise and we will evaluate your submission considering also all information provided in our application form.
Make sure you will be available to attend the event (if you're selected) before sending your application.
It is important to state that even though the event will be held in São Paulo we are accepting applications from professionals of other regions reminding you must be able to move to work at Nubank`s headquarters in São Paulo and upon approval we support your relocation.
- Application deadline - 19/02
- Code-development submission deadline - 22/02
- Approval e-mail and specific info (studying material) - 23/02
- Recruiting event - 03/03
Why is software engineering important for Nubank?
Nubank is a technology company and software engineers form the bulk of our team. Our software team invents new features for our customers, as well as advanced analytics and machine learning models to continuously improve decision-making and streamline processes.
As a software engineer, you will have a meaningful chance to shape our architecture, processes and culture while working with state-of-the-art technologies. We believe in good team chemistry, enthusiasm for building things and the capacity to learn new things when we stay humble and open-minded.
Shipping valuable features requires close coordination between DevOps, database, API, frontend, and mobile workstreams; Nubank engineers commonly pair and rotate focus between these responsibilities. We consistently work with new technologies, and thus value professionals who are open to learning new things, regardless of pre-existing comfort zones.
You might solve any of the following problems:
- Build backend microservices in functional programming languages, such as Clojure and Scala
- Ship features for the mobile apps using modern languages like Swift and Kotlin
- Integrate 3rd party services and data pipelines to drive underwriting decisions
- Craft interactive visualizations for live streaming data sets
- Implement budgeting tools to help customers better understand their spending
- Triage bugs and exceptions reported in production
- Build intelligent monitors for key customer experiences and risk-relevant events
- Automate daily accounting and financial statements for the company
- Measure and optimize API performance
- Conduct system load / stress tests
You will fit well if
- You are driven and enjoy shipping new features
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- You embrace conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- You learn quickly and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities
- You believe in building phenomenal products and doing great work by international standards
- You want to understand the big picture, to be held accountable and make a meaningful contribution with your work
What is a typical day for a software engineer?
Our teams work using agile frameworks to deliver great solutions for our customers. We emphasize pairing, controlling work-in-progress, and try to adapt our team structures and processes to suit the particular working styles of the engineers within those teams.
Our working environment is open and diverse, and our offices have a broad mix of collaborative working spaces, quiet areas, leisures space, and workstations. Overall, we want our engineers to be comfortable at work: we don’t have a dress code and you can work wearing shorts and flip-flops. We also have a pet-friendly office; you may bring your furry friend to work.
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Nubank
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance (“vale refeição”)
- Flexibility to choose your own custom setup (computer, monitors, OS etc.)
- Relocation support for professionals outside São Paulo
Preferimos CVs em PDF ou links para portfólio e linkedin.