Technology and design at QuintoAndar
QuintoAndar is a technology company that enables a seamless rental experience from discovery to closing. Through the intensive use of technology and design, we are redesigning the entire rental process, from one end to the other, to allow the kind of customer experience that we wish for ourselves. As a result, we are creating a new business model that is unique in the whole world and that will revolutionize the real estate industry.
Technology and design are core components of our DNA. Our team works very very hard, with cutting edge technology and design practices, to invent web and mobile tools that are first of their kinds in the whole world.
At QuintoAndar you will:
- Work with a top-notch team that uses the best practices and best tools.
- Learn a lot. Really.
- Be part of a high-impact project that will affect many people's lives.
- Have autonomy to make decisions with no endless meetings or bikeshedding.
- Work in an informal environment and horizontal hierarchy.
Developer responsibilities at QuintoAndar
- Help develop independent (micro-)services that address specific solutions (e.g. parts of billing, visit scheduling, price optimization, self-service negotiation);
- Create easy-to-understand, well-documented APIs.
- Fix or upgrade existing solutions or services. Most of them are in Java over SQL databases, but we also happen to carry significant NodeJS, Python, Cloudsearch, Datomic, Couchbase. You don't need to know all these upfront, but you need to learn fast.
- Code really good software.
Language and location
We are a Portuguese speaking company. This is written in English because 1) we value diversity and would welcome foreign candidates, and 2) if you are Brazilian you need to be fluent in English in order to learn the most from the whole world.
This position is for our São Paulo office, at Av Paulista, near Metrô Consolação.
You may apply if you:
- Have an academic degree in computer science/engineering (or equivalent) from a top school.
- Are fluent in Java and relational databases.
- Also like other programming languages (Python, NodeJS etc) and you don't mind learning new ones on the fly.
- Have very strong analytic skills.
- Are fluent in English and Portuguese.
We might like you even better if you:
- have strong knowledge of computer theory, including optimization of algorithms and distributed systems.
- have some experience using RESTful APIs.
- Competitive salary package
- Opportunity to earn stock options
- Health plan and life insurance
- Meal allowance ("ticket refeição + ticket alimentação")
- Parking, gas or public transportation allowance
- Very fun, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment
Preferimos CVs em PDF ou links para portfólio e linkedin.