Udacity's mission is to democratize education. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our International Design team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
As a Product/UX designer, you will be involved in all aspects of the product development process, from brainstorming, creating detailed specs, to tweaking pixels right before launch. We are looking for Product/UX designers who are considered senior on the team. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills. You will own the experience for existing students as well as those coming to Udacity for the first time.
- Play a key role in defining the Udacity Brazil team and the Udacity design culture
- Craft beautiful, engaging online experiences that are simple and elegant that students will love
- Use A/B testing to keep improving user experience to higher standards
- Develop and grow a cohesive aesthetic vision for the brand and products
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Product Management, Engineering and Content teams to oversee the user experience of a product/feature from conception until launch
- Translate concepts into storyboards and user flows to help bring ideas to life through functioning prototypes and working demos
- Define the user experience of a product/feature from conception through launch\
- Communicate effectively through wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Consistently exhibit the highest standards of timeliness, accuracy, and self-management
- Productively and proactively contribute to a feedback culture that consistently strives to exceed quality objectives.
- Minimum 3 years explicitly relevant experience, verifiable and demonstrable, on production and launched products.
- Experience across UX/product, graphic/visual, motion and interaction/UI design disciplines
- Keen sense of user flow: Creating a simple experience, moving users through an experience, focusing on key use cases, influencing user behavior.
- Meticulously organized and efficient, able to manage multiple concurrent projects, and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Able to present ideas effectively to peers.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, communication, & documentation skills.
- Obsessive attention to detail and works well under pressure.
- Experience with design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Zeplin.
- Experience with interaction prototyping tools such as InVision, proto.io, Marvel, Framer or similar is a plus
- Experience with motion design tools such as Flash/Animator, After Effects or similar is a plus.
- Fluent in modern (responsive design) web and mobile standards.
- Experience with running research studies is a plus.
- Applicants must provide a portfolio showing relevant work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.