We're looking for a Marketing Insights Data Scientist for our Research & Insights team to provide data expertise as we generate the customer insights that drive marketing strategies, and serve general business needs. You possess a passion for data analysis, analytical insights, and using predictive modeling to drive strategy. You will help address the complex challenges of marketing effectiveness, targeting the right users, identifying product and messaging gaps, optimization strategies, and deeply understanding rider/driver behavior.
As a member of the Research & Insights team, you will also help define the way insights are generated and used to advance Uber's business in Brazil. You'll play an important role in finding opportunity fields to help the marketing function scale as we develop acquisition, retention and partnerships arms.
You will offer a deep marketing-driven data perspective while collaborating closely with operations, local teams, and engineering. You will be on the forefront of analysis, leveraging our data sources to propose new ideas and drive key strategic decisions through both offline and online efforts.
What you'll do
- Be on the vanguard of integrating internal Uber data with external market, tracking, and research data in order to generate insights that drive Uber's Marketing and business strategy
- Mine data and analytics at the rider (and driver!) level to gain a better understanding of usage behaviors, including impacts of current marketing strategies
- Develop dashboards that provide insights and visualization into rider, driver, and channel performance relative to KPIs, projections, and historical performance
- Participate in project planning/prioritization meetings, stakeholder meeting, data prioritization meeting, etc.
- Choose the proper metrics for tracking current and future experiments
- Implement and analyze A/B or multivariate tests to provide in-depth insights to the marketing team on the test data and understanding of marketing drivers' effects
- Present findings to senior management to drive business and marketing decisions
What you'll need
- The ability to identify knowledge gaps, propose fixes, and drive projects forward
- Excellent SQL skills and overall high analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with multiple analytic and database tools (e.g., R, Python, Tableau, etc.)
- Excellent data visualization skills. Experience creating dashboard reporting in Tableau or a similar visualization tool a plus
- To balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Resourcefulness - moving quickly and executing to allow for continual iteration is a core qualification of our team
- Ability to set goals and execute under tight deadlines
- A BS/MS in engineering, computer science, mathematics, economics, statistics, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of analytical and database experience. Marketing analytics or consulting experience is a plus
Bonus Points if
- Previous experience in Marketing roles
- Experience in Business Intelligence
- Understanding of basic market research techniques and how they complement deeper data analysis
Preferimos CVs em PDF ou links para portfólio e linkedin.