Loggi is building an entire new class of logistics: a last-mile solution that's powering same day delivery and blurring the line between online and off-line for retail.
Loggi is working hard to leapfrog hundreds of years of poor infrastructure investment. We are positive that our effort is a net gain for the world and that it is, and will keep making a large impact in emerging markets.
Our work is original, hence our challenges are unique. Your work is reflected daily in the thousands of drivers whose life Loggi is changing, as well as in the many customers who are surprised to receive timely, predictable and pleasant service.
Our product has incredible complexity as it weaves online and offline elements, software and physical services, and interfaces with both business and end consumers. It is the focal point for an operational, sales and engineering heavy company.We're looking for our first infrastructure engineer to help us keep up with breakneck speed growth. We consider Ops to be a core competency, a critical piece of our success. As our infrastructure lead you'll design, implement and monitor the infrastructure that powers our platform.
- Can think systems at their edges, failure modes, recovery
- Have a deep understanding of Unix systems: filesystems, security, process management and networking
- Can debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Understand that observability is core
- Have pride in your work, i.e. are psyched to create state-of-the-art tooling for the engineering team
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar
- Are an automation freak: everything has to be repeatable and configurable
- Are security oriented: from OS level to social-engineering, you see security as a core aspect of everything you do
- Design, build, and maintain the core infrastructure used by all of Loggi’s engineering teams
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Plan for the growth of Loggi's infrastructure
- Design and build internal tooling such as deployment pipelines, cross-services testing and more
- "Move fast with stable infrastructure"
We will eat our hearts out if you have
- Experience with containers orchestration : Mesos, Kubernetes, Swarm
- Experience with Ansible
- Worked on products (as opposed to services) used daily by a large number of people
- Have written and deployed software written in Go
- Freedom to think and explore
- Fun, laid-back environment in a fast paced Startup
- Feedback and brainstorming directly with the founders. No bureaucracy, no bull****
- Competitive compensation based on your experience
- Choice of tools
- Score 10.5 out of 12 on Joel’s test
Our Current Stack
- Mixed fleet of AWS and other dedicated server hosting providers
- Ansible for provisioning and orchestration
- Docker for distributing services
- PostgreSQL for relational storage
- Redis in a variety of roles
- Statsd and Graphite for metrics
- Jenkins as a CI server
- Nginx + UWsgi serving main Python App
- And a bunch of other stuff, let's not spoil the surprise