Loggi is building an entire new class of logistics: a last-mile solution that's powering same day delivery and blurring the line between online and off-line for retail.
Loggi is working hard to leapfrog hundreds of years of poor infrastructure investment. We are positive that our effort is a net gain for the world and that it is, and will keep making a large impact in emerging markets. Our work is original, hence our challenges are unique. Your work is reflected daily in the thousands of drivers whose life Loggi is changing, as well as in the many customers who are surprised to receive timely, predictable and pleasant service.
Our product has incredible complexity as it weaves online and offline elements, software and physical services, and interfaces with both business and end consumers. It is the focal point for an operational, sales and engineering heavy company.
- Have a good grasp on web applications and it’s fundamentals: HTTP, TCP/IP, security, REST, browser and other clients. Bonus point if you think http://12factor.net/ is the way to go here.
- Have a solid understanding of relational databases, in particular PostgreSQL
- Are comfortable working with Linux, from setting up servers to beating them to submission with sane and productive Devops techniques. At Loggi there’s no distinction between Devops and regular developers, you write code and make sure it works well in production.
- Have at least some experience with Python, even if it hasn't been the focus center of your professional life.
- Understands basic algorithms and data types, knows what to use and more importantly what not to use for given requirements.
- Are good at organizing your own time and schedule.
- We don't micro-manage.
- Are serious about shipping working code: leverage automating testing in it’s various incarnations: unit tests, end to end tests and the associated tool-set (ci servers, unittests, integration tests)
- Believe in data driven decisions, like to plan, collect, analyze and present metrics, from low level stuff to business goals and KPIs
We will eat our hearts out if you have:
- Worked with Linux containers (Docker)
- Experience with Ansible
- Know Django inside out.
- Experience with graphite and/or elastic search.
- Worked on products (as opposed to services) used daily by a large number of people.
- Implemented big data pipelines, both for OLAP and Predicting behavior. We’re interested in a Kafka & Hadoop / Storm / Druid pipeline
- Have written and deployed software written in Go.
- Freedom to think and explore.
- Fun, laid-back environment in a fast paced Startup.
- Feedback and brainstorming directly with the founders. No bureaucracy, no bull****
- Competitive compensation based on your experience
- Choice of tools
- Score 10.5 out of 12 on Joel’s test
Our Current Stack
- Mixed fleet of AWS and other dedicated server hosting providers.
- Ansible for provisioning and orchestration
- Docker for distributing services
- PostgreSQL for relational storage
- Redis in a variety of roles
- Elastic-search for logging and OLAP loads.
- Statsd and Graphite for metrics
- Jenkins as a CI server.
- Nginx + UWsgi serving main Python App.
- And a bunch of other stuff, let's not spoil the surprise.